Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gardening

I started this type of gardening because of Chad's enocuragement. He heard about it from a co-worker and thought he would possibly, maybe, like gardening if it was low maintenance. So, he bought me the Squarefoot Gardening book for Mother's Day in 2008. I have done it for two years and have not been successful yet. Although, I'm conviced that is due to my lack of follow through rather than the type of gardening.

It started out with two 4'x4' boxes. Determined to be prepared to have a successful gardening season in 2011, I started preparing during the Fall of 2010. I added 3 more 4'x4' boxes and a zuccini circle (no matter what the book says, I'm convinced that zuccini will NOT grow vertically).

With the help of some of my wonderful friends, the garden got planted today. Plus, the yard got mowed and edged which it needed desperately!














Bridger and Livy "helped" too. They especially loved the watering part!






This is my friend, Heidi. Her son, Beckahm (you can't see him because he is between me and Heidi), and Bridger are helping to plant green beans.


In the picture below, Bridger is whining about smiling for the camera. He is saying " No, no, no!"



Livy wearing my friend, Britney's, glasses and giving two thumbs up!


2 comments:

daisey dew said...

I love it! When you get it to work like a well oiled machine...I will be calling you to come help me! Love you all!

JusticeBlog said...

Thanks for sharing! I hope all is well with you and those super-cute kiddos!