Monday, August 30, 2010

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?

Bridger almost lost his life (again) this weekend. I've decided he has a thing about hanging on things. If you are not sure what I am referencing, read my post "This Scared Me to Death". So, on Saturday, we are just hanging out at home enjoying our newly finished front room when Bridger says "Oh, Mom!" And I look over to see one of my cabinet doors in his hands! Yes, one of my cabinet doors from my not even 3 months old cabinets in the front room. Apparently, he had been opening the two doors that are together, stepping just inside, then putting the doors under his armpits. This positioning allowed him to hang from the doors. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!? It took all I had to not end his life right there. He spent 20+ minutes in time out because I wasn't sure he would live if I let him out. He must have known too, because that is one of the few times he stayed in time out with no arguments.

I called the cabinet shop and had to leave a message. The guy called me this morning laughing and asked "So, what happened?" I think my message must have been something like "My crazy, out-of-control 2 year old boy ripped a door off the cabinets. Can you please, please, please fix it?"

I am not ready for destructive children and all of the costs included.

2 comments:

Mike and Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike and Jennie said...

I think the funniest thing about this post is that I can hear you as I read it. I have no wisdom to give you, just a good luck and I am glad you let him live to see another day.